Despite their height and pitch, Prada heels seem so much more comfortable than other options out there. And that's why our eyes went wide at the thought of Prada's new custom-made shoe program, where customers can create a Made-to-Order Décolleté pump or peep toe — choosing between an array of five finishes, 27 colors, sole colors, and shoe-box colors. You can even opt to have your initials monogrammed on the soles. After designing and purchasing at the store, buyers can expect to have their new heels on their feet in a month. While prices start at $745, we think these are the perfect option for anyone who's a diehard when it comes to heels — or someone who is looking to play the long game with pumps that are built to last.
Here's everything we know about this program so far:
• Styles include a "Fashion" Pointy Toe, a classic pointed toe, peep toe, round toe, platform, and single-sole options, as well as a pointed toe that features a metal heel.
• You can choose between a 45 mm (kitten heel), 85 (mid-heel), and 110 mm (high heel).
• Customers can choose between satin, leather, Saffiano (Prada’s durable signature-stamped leather seen in many classic handbags), patent leather, and suede.
• The colors are extensive, and almost every color and shade imaginable will be offered, depending on the finish. For example, satin alone has 27 colors, including two shades of white and nude. For suede, there are 14 different colors available.
• For the sole, you can choose between black, a nude called "Lily of the Valley," or Prada's signature pale blue and add initials lettered in gold — so that everyone will know that these shoes are yours, if their specific color and finish don't already communicate that.
• Even the packaging is custom, with six different colors of boxes available so that you can color coordinate with other shoe boxes in your closet.
• This service will be available in all Prada boutiques moving forward. (For those in the New York area, there are events at the 57th Street store on June 18 through 22, the Short Hills boutique on June 11 through 15 and at the Manhasset boutique from June 24 to 29.)
Most Viewed Stories
The New Health-Care Bill Could Mean Insurance Doesn’t Have to Cover Pregnancy
Am I Cheap If I Hate Splitting the Check Equally?
Lonely Clothing Hires Gorgeous 56-Year-Old Lingerie Model Because Screw Ageism
Always Carry an Extra Tampon and 9 Other Things You Learn As a Woman in the White House
I’ve Used the Same Tube of Chanel Lipstick for Years
11 People in Interracial Relationships on the Intense Experience of Watching Get Out
6 Things We Learned About Miki Agrawal From Her ‘She-E.O.’ Video Series
Inside the Secret Dating App for Famous People
Couture Designers Made the Costumes for This New Ballet
What Do Contractions Feel Like? 18 Women Respond
The Cut’s Latest Shopping FeaturesHow to Wear a Pink Suit
That millennial-friendly color strikes again.Cheap Thrill: A Frilled Tomato-Red Jumpsuit
Saucy.14 Things on Sale You’ll Actually Want to Buy: From a Backpack to a Bralette
This week, we dug through the darkest, deepest depths of the internet and found a back-to-school-worthy backpack and a $30 mint-green lamp.Treat Yourself: This Ring Will Make You Feel Like a Boss
A defense against impostor syndrome.Back-to-School Shopping Guide: The College Years
From fuzzy pillows to flatware.The 11 Best Pieces to Buy at Avenue 32’s Sale
Deep discounts, up to 80 percent off.Could These Be the Best Workout Leggings?
Meet the high-waisted version of ADAY's perpetually sold-out Throw and Roll leggings.The Perfect Summer Blanket Is Here
Never wake up in another night sweat again.Cheap Thrill: a Summer Dress You’ll Want to Wear Every Day
For work and weekend.How to Wear Two Bright Colors Together
Marigold and acid-green actually go together really well.
Grunge and glam had a baby together, and it's this clutch.Drake’s Is Now Collaborating With J.Crew
The British menswear brand, not the rapper.13 Basics on Sale, From a T-Shirt to a Tea Kettle
Here, some simple things on super-sale.Here’s Another Way to Get That Vetements Look
Champion's Reverse Weave collection is now sold on SSENSE.10 Bodysuits to Tuck Into Pretty Much Everything
Wear them with mom jeans, high-waisted skirts, work pants ...How to Make Your Work Clothes Less Boring
Take some liberties with this cool Tory Burch skirt.You Can Now Wear Your Succulents on Your Fingers
With the 13-piece Cactus de Cartier collection.Vivienne Westwood’s New York Debut, Unexpected Pool Floats, and a ’70s-Inspired Record Store
What's new in New York stores.Treat Yourself: A Bubblegum-Pink Varsity Jacket
Get one for everyone in your girl gang.9 Ways to Make Your Summer Wardrobe Less Boring
Don't freak out. Buy one of these nine things instead.