Elizabeth Cordry has officially become a member of the Anna Wintour family (by marriage, at least) after a truly Vogue-worthy wedding. According to all matrimonial tradition, the new Mrs. Schaffer ought to feel comfortable referring to Wintour as Mom, or Mother, or Ma (don't) — but can she, actually?
After combing through the Vogue slideshow of her magical Mastic wedding, here's a handy guide to knowing whether you can call Anna Wintour "Mother."
Anna Wintour considers you family (by marriage) if ...
1. Your wedding was at Anna Wintour’s summer home.
2. Bee Shaffer was your bridesmaid.
3. The bridesmaids' dresses were Prada. (Coordinating but not matching — chic.)
4. "It wasn’t even a question" that Oscar de la Renta would design the wedding dress.
5. Sarah Burton at Alexander McQueen used scrap fabric to make outfits for your ring-bearers and flower girls.
6. Every guest was guaranteed to RSVP yes. No matter whom you invited.
8. Your reception entry as husband and wife was envisioned by Baz Luhrmann.*
9. Umbrellas for the guests were "sourced" from Longchamp, only to double as parasols when the weather is, no doubt, perfect.
10. Chelsea Leyland, the only DJ Vogue knows, was spinning at your reception.
11. Mario Testino casually snapped all your wedding candids.
12. You’re guaranteed Vogue (.com) coverage.
Congratulations on your nuptials, Elizabeth. It seems you're one of the lucky few people allowed to make eye contact with Anna at Thanksgiving dinner.
* This post has been modified for accuracy.
Most Viewed Stories
It’s Finally Possible to Understand What Happened to Amanda Knox
Trump Campaign Manager Accidentally Refers to His ‘Abuse’ of Women on Live TV
The Very Uncomfortable Experience of Rewatching Election in 2016
Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Reportedly Broke Up
Ask Polly: Should I Try to Help My Alcoholic Friend?
Ask a Boss: My Co-worker Wants Everyone to Call Her Boyfriend Her ‘Master’!
Outrageous Party Photos From Andy Warhol’s Factory Days
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
Chelsea Clinton Says She Didn’t Initially Know Her Mom Had Pneumonia Because She Was Trying to Power Through It
YogaToes Cured My Lifelong Fear of Bunions
From Our Partners
The Zoe Report
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Fashion FeaturesCiara's Wedding Dress Was Too Big for the Chapel
To be fair, it was a 13 foot-long dress.You and Rihanna Will Both Want to Invest in Dior’s New Bag
It's got something for everyone.Polo Shirts Have Turned Their Back on Ryan Lochte
Along with his other major sponsors.Ryan Lochte Will No Longer Be Paid to Wear Tiny Bathing Suits
Speedo remains committed to transparency.Laura Brown Is the New Editor-in-Chief of InStyle
After 11 years at Harper’s Bazaar.Tyra Banks Is Going to Teach a Class on Smizing at Stanford
"If I see somebody not paying attention, I’m gonna call on them."This Floating Pier Is the Most Zen Installation Ever
Walking on water in Italy.Nation Is Appalled by Matt Lauer’s Nude Ankles During Ryan Lochte Interview
What’s the opposite of “Jeah”?8 People at the Life of Pablo Pop-up Explain Why Kanye West Is a God
"I mean, Kanye West is just Kanye West. There's not more or less you can say about Kanye West. He's just Mr. West!"A T-shirt Is Enough
Simplicity, versatility, and cool. What more could you want?
She took a perfect pencil dive off a 30-foot yacht.American Apparel Is Being Sued by Former Workers
As the company considers putting itself up for sale.A Gendered History of the Tailored Suit
From Marlon Brando to Coco Chanel.How Zendaya Developed Such Great Style at the Young Age of 19
The star's best looks from Disney to now.Proof That If You’re Chic Enough, a Little Federal Investigation Doesn’t Matter
Is this the best they could do?5,300-Year-Old Mummified Iceman Probably Would’ve Been a Street-Style Star
He had several different looks and was “pretty picky.”J.Crew Has Identified 226 Shades of Pink
Even more than there are shades of gray.Gigi and Bella Hadid Merch Is Now Somehow a Thing That Is Happening
Today in Hadidiana.Gird Your Loins for the Return of Yeezy to New York Fashion Week
The season approaches.This Indie Brand Had a Great Response to Ivanka Trump
When she bought one of their cuffs, they donated the proceeds to the Clinton campaign.