Yesterday, the internet erupted after Men’s Health published an article about how to talk sports with your lady. “She sees the game differently than you do,” the magazine tweeted, linking to a piece titled “The Secret to Talking Sports with Any Woman,” a 100-word article suggesting that the reason women don’t enjoy sports is that “they need story lines.” Men’s Health has since apologized and taken the story down (you can still read it on FishbowlNY), but it’s not the first time the men’s magazine has missed the mark when educating its readership on what women are interested in. Just this summer, the publication recommended in earnest that referring to a woman’s vagina as a “Hot Pocket” is a turn-on in bed, and explained that what women are really craving is "doggie-style sex" on a beanbag chair.
We culled a list of things women want according to Men’s Health — including sex in a Victoria’s Secret dressing room, peppermint schnapps in the belly button, and much, much more.
1. A reservation for sex.
2. Peppermint schnapps in the belly button.
3. The above-mentioned "doggy-style sex" on a beanbag chair, which "works great when she's on her belly, draped over the amorphous blob."
4. For men to “turn her body into a juicer.”
5. To call her vagina a “Hot Pocket.”
6. To participate in “smartphone selfies.”
7. To receive a silk thong under the table at a restaurant.
8. To be told "I love how you always look amazing for me."
9. Shirts that match her man’s eye color.
10. Men who drive, eat peaches, and hold babies.
11. To be made to feel “virgin-esque.”
12. To have her belly “seasoned with a little salt.”
13. Sex in a safe-deposit vault.
14. Sex in a Victoria’s Secret dressing room.
15. Since she’s basically "the cheapest maid service ever,” men can just say, “The house has been looking amazing – thank you.”
16. A chilled can of soda rolled along the back of her thighs during hot weather.
17. Men who would’ve been able to slay a wooly mammoth if we were living in the Ice Age.
18. Sullen men.
19. Men with strong immune systems.
20. Men who shower.
21. Men who download a free PDF to learn how to translate the noises she makes during sex.
Most Viewed Stories
Will We Abandon Women’s Rights in the Name of Progressive Politics?
When Women Pursue Sex, Even Men Don’t Get It
Is This the Weirdest Taylor Swift Romance Rumor Yet?
A Funny Thing Happens When Women Begin to Outearn Their Husbands
Why Are All the Gays Still Obsessed With Big Little Lies?
American Airlines Apologizes for Flight-Attendant Incident With Mom and Stroller
Girlboss Will Make You Nostalgic, But Maybe Not in a Good Way
This Drugstore Beauty Brand Tricked Millennials by Pretending to Be Fancy
Married Man Fakes Airport Hijacking to Get Out of Trip With Online Girlfriend
Ask Polly: What Am I Doing Wrong With Men?
The Cut’s Latest Love and War FeaturesA Holiday Season Weekend Through London
A good guide for avid The Crown fans.It’s About Time You Learned Tove Lo’s Name
The singer has crafted pop hits you’ve heard a thousand times by now.Marina Abramovic Has Outlasted Her Lovers and, She Hopes, Her Critics
The world's most famous performance artist at 70.The Wing: Do Women Still Need a Space of Their Own?
This exclusive social club for women, is part sorority, part start-up.In Virtual Reality, Women Run the World
A new generation of female artists is making VR the most diverse corner of the male-dominated tech space.The Novelist Disguised As a Housewife
Shirley Jackson wrote 17 books while raising four children — and she couldn't have had a successful career without them.Ava DuVernay on Hollywood Racism, Modern-Day Slavery, and Why She’s Still an Optimist
The director, whose new documentary The 13th chronicles America’s history of racial subjugation, talks to Rebecca Traister about Bill Clinton, Newt Gingrich, and the modern criminal-justice system.What No One Tells Couples Trying to Conceive
It helps to be rich.The Hidden Black Women Who Helped Win the Space Race
A segregated unit of mathematicians born of desperation during World War II became the secret to NASA’s success.Slut-Shaming Squids Are Everywhere
The “Bermuda Square” comic strip is back.
The collaboration that dreams are made of.Good Morning America Host Amy Robach Apologizes for Saying ‘Colored People’ on Air
She quickly apologized.Unknown NFL Player Tries to Get Attention by Asking Aly Raisman Out in Video
That’s one way to do it.Don’t Mess This Up, Mischa Barton
Marissa Cooper is poised for a comeback ... maybe.California Votes to Remove Time Limit on Prosecuting Rape Cases
In light of the Bill Cosby case.Beyoncé’s Behind-the-Scenes Lemonade Photos Belong in a Museum
She had the "Boycott Beyoncé" sign already in formation on set.The Rise of the Male Celebrity Full-Frontal
An ex-publicist explains.Gabby Douglas Will Be a Miss America Judge
The gold-medal gymnast will help choose the 2017 pageant winner.Camille Becerra’s Photo Diary of Rockaway Beach
An ideal trip to add and cross off your summer bucket list.Sorry Nerds, Ian McKellen Won’t Officiate Your Expensive Lord of the Rings–Themed Wedding
Not even for $1.5 million.