Welcome to New York Area's Top Rated Lawyers of 2015, a publication featuring legal talent from New York and the Tri-State area.
The attorneys featured here have all achieved the peer reviewed rating of AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell, the company that has long set the standard for lawyer ratings. The AV Preeminent rating is a significant accomplishment and demonstrates that a lawyer's peers have ranked him or her at the highest level of professional excellence.
Our online compendium is a valuable resource for finding top legal talent and making more informed decisions.
Scott Pierece, Group Publisher, ALM Media, LLC
- “This fim was founded to represent people in need of a voice, and instead of just staying the same and handling one type of case, we’ve made a point of moving into new areas where we can deliver on our original mission.”
- “We seek to situate clients on a path that will yield long-term benefits for them once we are no longer representing them.”
- “The work is challenging, but there’s nothing more satisfying to me than having a jury come back in my client’s favor.”
- “Ted recognized early on that there was a need among plaintiffs for skilled trial lawyers, and because of that, the firm has remained at the forefront of trial law, with many of our lawyers serving as teachers in the field.”
- "In opening our firm, we sought to assemble a group of experienced lawyers from some of the largest and most prestigious law firms and corporations in the country,”
- The firm boasts of several attorneys who have attained verdicts or settlements in the multiple millions.
- “I can’t think of a medical malpractice or personal injury claim that we haven’t encountered over the years, and that gives us a solid foundation for success when prosecuting new matters.”
- “We take pride in bringing the highest degree of excellence, integrity, and creativity to the practice of matrimonial law.”
- We represent people against powerful interests.
- The boutique real estate law firm, which celebrated its 40th anniversary this year, launched an ambitious plan in 2010 to boost the number of skilled attorneys on staff as well as greatly expand its practice areas.
- “The most rewarding part of this profession is getting our clients the justice they deserve in terms of monetary damages.”
- A new type of law firm, offering high-quality legal representation centered around creative, aggressive and passionate advocacy for working people, advocacy with an impact!
- Solutions Beyond IP
Every client who retains us is in a unique situation and we approach each case from a client-centric perspective.
- Schwartzapfel Lawyers treats each case with the same genuine care, concern, compassion and understanding that have made clients feel like family for over 30 years.
- The practice of law is persuasion guided by rules and creativity; humor is allowed.
- We offer the depth, diversity and resources of a large, national firm with the responsiveness and individualized approach of a boutique firm.
- "[We] has earned a reputation for obtaining justice and outstanding results on behalf of our clients."
- “Because our clients have varying backgrounds, professions, and income levels, no two cases are ever the same, and it helps that we bring different perspectives to our practice.”
- Mediation | Collaborative Law | Litigation
- “We bring practical knowledge and relevant experience to the legal issues that matter the most for our clients.”
- “Instead of taking an assembly-line approach to our practice, we tailor every document to our clients’ individual needs.”
- They offers the skill and sophistication of a large law firm with the service and responsiveness of a small firm.
- Celebrating 35 years of successfully closing hundreds of transactions for its business clients, the Long Island-based firm has been hailed as “the small firm with big results”.
- “Eminent domain cases represent a drastic operation of the law.”
- “We’re proud of our reputation for being honorable, straight-shooting lawyers.”
- “No case is too complicated for us. We put the necessary time and money into every case to get the best results for our clients.”
- Medical Malpractice, Employment & Labor, Health Care Law
- An Individual Approach. A Firm Commitment.
- On the cutting edge of developing law in the bankruptcy arena for over three decades.
- Knowledgeable, hard-working, trustworthy.
- We get results.
- Driven to Deliver
- Friedman is known as a fierce proponent of equal rights for both genders in the areas of child custody and economic parity and recognition.
- He has distinguished himself as one of the most committed and professional personal injury and medical malpractice attorneys in New York City.
- Negotiating Power—Because we have a reputation for obtaining multimillion-dollar verdicts, we are able to settle the vast majority of our cases without the need for even filing complaints.