All Reader Reviews of...
131 W. 55th St., New York, NY, 10019
nr. Seventh Ave.
By michellemosher on 7/18/2008
This venue combines a small stage with way too many seats too far back. On top of that, if you buy one of the more expensive tickets through their website, the system will automatically - and without any warning whatsoever - assign you a seat in a different, farther away section if the section you chose is not available. This happened to me and the ticket office not only refused to take care of the problem, but was unbelievably rude during the process. Bottom line, do NOT buy tickets through their website, and be warned that unless you are in the front, the seating is compressed to the point where you won't enjoy the show.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Roméo et Juliette
- The Metropolitan Opera
Many composers have taken a crack at Shakespeare, but few knew how to squeeze as much luscious teenage misery out of this infinitely adaptable love story as Charles Gounod. Vittorio Grigolo and Diana Damrau bring plush, lyrical voices to the title roles. More »
- Branford Marsalis Quartet with special guest Kurt Elling
- Jazz at Lincoln Center
An unprecedentist collaboration between the vocalist and the jazz quartet, following Marsalis and Elling's recent Grammy Award nomination in the Best Jazz Vocal Album category. More »