- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
602 Vanderbilt Ave., Brooklyn, NY, 11238
nr. St. Marks Ave.
Beautiful Space, Worst Manicure
By foxynyc on 6/19/2009
What a waste. I was really looking forward to coming here as something like this is desperately needed in the neighborhood. Everything about this place looks great on the outside - materials, furnishes, etc.. However, the quality of the services leaves much to be desired. The nail technicians were not qualified, the color choices were awful, and to top it off I had the nail technicians tell me that all the polish was old. It's unfortunate because the concept is great but you have to have quality services to match the quality products and environment. Eco-friendly alone can't keep you in business.
Great Products, Friendly Caring Staff.......Lovely Place! Kid friendly!!!
By Hotmommy on 6/24/2009
1. It's GREEN....that means its SAFE. 2. STAFF....so friendly, so helpful and they know thier stuff. I've had at least 3 of the staff do my mani/pedi and every time it was great!! I do have to say one of them does the BEST massage..out of all tho, but the others were good. 3. Kid Friendly - many places, especially the nice ones are just NOT kid friendly. WINK is. I've brought my daughters for mani/pedis and they gave them cute little flower designs and all, and No one has ever said a word about the baby. They just kindly zipped my stroller out the way and took care of us. Also, I would rather bring my kids to WINK than these other fume-filled unsanitary places. 4. The ambiance, music & decor.,Its UNIQUE and FABULOUS...period. Also, the owner Tani is a doll. She and the staff seem to have a great rapport. She answers any questions, always smiling and laughing & chatting up with the clients. So WINK deserves a 12 RATING!!! I welcome this addition to the Prospect Heights 'hood.....WINK fits right in!
Awful manicure, subpar manicurist
By nquader on 8/17/2009
Manicurist (brunette of Russian background, didn't ask her name) was simply awful. Inattentive, sloppy, nails were not filed in a straight line ... all wonky. Had very high hopes, but will never go back.
WINK is AMAZING
By Onyez on 11/22/2009
I can only guess the negative reviews here are from a competitor. For one thing, there are no Russian or Eastern European workers there. The selection of colors is HUGE, the technicians are extremely skilled and the products all look brand new. I am a regular at Wink and have never had less than GREAT service from knowledgeable, skills staff. The atmosphere is so relaxing. Only complaint is a small drying area. I love the colors and the products they offer - my manicures last a FULL WEEK with no chipping or peeling. Other nail salons on the street don't use this same quality of products, your nails will be chipped the next day.
Great place for Men, too.
By lgbklyn on 12/30/2009
I really didnt know much about the "green" aspect when started to go to Wink and still am not an expert. But I do know that the stuff they use smells, feels good and makes my hands/feet look much better the other place I was going for the $18 special. The girls that work there are really nice, never rude and do a great job. The owner is cool and funny, she makes you feel at home. The place is designed in a gender neutral way and very relaxing. Not high strung with woman giggling and chatting or intimidating at all for a dude. I get my hands done often and feet on occasion. Also had the men's facial there and that was good too.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.