VERY VERY SAD
By superhero on 10/16/2005
the end of an era, not worth an old beer can. yuck yuck and triple yuck
Can't Wait to Go Back!!!
By kellyd on 1/6/2004
I went here for my friend's 30th bday with 8 other people and we all couldn't stop smiling the entire night. The waitstaff treated us like we were the only table in the restaurant even though it was packed! I had the best meal I've had in such a long time...the tuna is incredible, and the crabcake as an appetizer was one of the best things I've ever tasted. I recommend trying the 21 sauce - such a nice touch. I can't wait to go back!!!
By Lauren on 1/6/2004
I went to 21 under the pretense of it being for an older, stuffy crowd, but was pleasantly surprised when my friends and I celebrated a birthday party there. The atmosphere is so fun and the service is unreal. We were treated like old friends. And the tour of the wine cellar was the pinnacle of the evening. I would definitely go back!
Bring an empty stomach and a full wallet.
By adsong on 6/23/2003
21 opened in 1929 as a speakeasy.(Actually the original speakeasy cellar with over 35000 bottles of wine is on 19 West 52nd, rather than 21,and it can be rented for special occassions.)Dependable service,(In Tuxedos,no less)Food is Americana Cuisine.You will feel like a "Big Wig" here while eating among the ghosts of Johnnie Walker,Joan Crawford,Richard Nixon,John Houston and others. Bring an empty stomach and a full wallet.!!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu