All Reader Reviews of...
611 Fifth Ave., 2nd fl, New York, NY, 10022
at 50th St.
Shop 'til you eat
By blee on 7/16/2007
2Eat@Saks brings new meaning to great taste and luxury at Saks Fifth Avenue. The Italian eatery, cleverly named based on its 2nd floor location at the New York Flagship store, offers a well edited selection of homemade mozzarella, fresh salads, sandwiches, pastas, and entrees along with attentive service and views of Rockefeller Center. It also boasts light and airy decor and a full bar for the shopper in search of a cocktail. Though tempted to choose the thin-crust pizza, which the server highly recommended, I went with the salmon spinach special with the idea that omega-3's in the fish would help me procrastinate the purchase of some La Mer eye cream. Skinwise, I don't know if it did much, but stomach-wise, it satisfied with its crispy outside and lemon infused flavor. The Creamy Porcini Mushroom Ravioli and Vegetable Pesto Panini that my dining companions ordered looked equally as delicious. In keeping with a day of indulgence, I highly suggest the homemade Saks Fifth Avenue Carrot Cake. It comes with fresh chunks of strawberry, swirls of chocolate and strawberry sauce, and a ribbon of cream cheese icing in the cake. Buon Apetito!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s