All Reader Reviews of...
189 Seventh Ave., Brooklyn, NY, 11215
at 2nd St.
Sad Sidewalk, Sandwiches and Service
By kdka on 6/29/2007
I used to sort of like 2nd Street as a low-key, neighborhood kind of place. Nothing special, but servicable. Tonight it crossed over from low-key to downright depressing. The lighting at our sidewalk table was interrogation harsh. I couldn't read the menu in the glare. Decor was similarly stark. 2nd Street used to be plastered with kid's crayon drawings--corny, but it had personality. Now it's bland as a banquet hall. The waitstaff seemed friendly, but were weirdly inattentive. Our sandwiches took forever, but our waitress never gave us an update or asked if we wanted more drinks. Our first round glasses were bussed, leaving us with a completely empty table for half-an-hour. Finally a different waitress noticed how bored/hungry we were and checked on our food. It took another ten minutes to arrive and still nobody asked if we wanted more drinks. We asked for the bill and meant to leave a meager tip, but our waitress took so long bringing our change that we left her with more than she deserved. She gets a bad review instead. The food was passable but otherwise, a completely lackluster and disappointing experience.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- 12 Session Beers That Are Perfect for Summer Guzzling
- Silicon Valley Start-Up Working to Create a World Where All Pizza Is Cooked by Robots
- Japanese Chain Debuts Predictably Bonkers Ghostbusters Burgers
- Brooklyn’s Take Root Will Host Its First Designer Pop-up This Weekend
- The Stonewall Inn Is Now a National Monument