All Reader Reviews of...
622 Tenth Ave., New York, NY, 10036
at 44th St.
44 X Hell's Kitchen
By sahw on 2/23/2004
Comfort food delight. Great pre and after theatre restaurant. Service warm and friendly. Macaroni and cheese, so warm and comfortable. Lobster dishes prepared as a Taco, and a salad, delightful. Salads, big and healthy, especially the Mediterranean Chopped salad.
Don't be afraid...
By jkl on 10/24/2003
...of the gas station. Though I don't understand all the white surfaces (which make the room too bright), or the giant mirror on the wall (reflects the gas station across the street), the food is delicious (though some dishes are too pricey) and the service is relaxed and friendly. The blue crab claw fritter appetizer is huge and chock full of meat, the pork and halibut are excellent entrees and the butter they serve with the bread is reason enough for a return visit. Oh, and try the apple martini, very good and not too sweet.
Good Food, No Pretense
By kayenyc on 8/7/2003
The staff is attentive, knowledgable and fun. The food is great because it is dishes Mom would have made if she had been a good cook. We had the pork tenderloin (tender and flavorful) and the ravioli (amazing flavor). Go after the theater crowd has left.
Casual fare with some flair
By Exuparem on 1/28/2003
Admittedly, it's been a few months since I've last eaten at 44, but from what I remember the food was good, honest cooking. Light, yet flavorful, my seared scallops were just what one would expect to find in a stylish dining room such as the one at 44. Perhaps we've been spoiled, but restaurants like 44 just seem so common in this culinary paradise that we call home.
By shannon1 on 11/26/2002
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- A Brand-New Brooklyn Restaurant Specializes in Modern Taiwanese Food
- Salad Chain Literally Everyone’s Obsessed With Bans Bacon and Sriracha From Its Menus
- Lin-Manuel Miranda â€‹Finally Got His Sardi’s Portrait
- Dairy Queen Gives America ‘Ultimate Frappé’ Coffee Drinks
- GQ’s ‘12 Best New Restaurants of 2016’ Includes Wildair, Untitled, and Mimi