- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
69 Mott St., New York, NY, 10013
nr. Canal St.
By Rudolf_Rassendyll on 1/22/2013
Mrs. Jenner (Chinese) and I are fans of this place. We remember the original restaurant on East Broadway, a go-to place for anyone visiting New York; this restaurant matches that easily, and surpasses most, if not all other restaurants featuring Shanghai specials. Chinese are pleased. Western Devils are happy. The wait staff is attentive without being obtrusive; among a really superior staff, Peter stands out, with a virtue of almost magical ability to find the right mix of good things to eat. The buns and dumplings are better than average. The luncheon specials are â€” special (and in portions where people can share) â€” and priced attractively. The Chef's Specials are outstanding (consider ordering the duckling â€” marinated overnight, tender to a fault and succulent in ways I have not hitherto or since experienced).
Very Good Shanghainese food
By Sailingsam on 9/4/2015
These are the dishes I like here...friend pork dumplings (crispy skin and juicy inside), Soup dumplings with crab topping...pickled sweet and spicy chinese cabbage, all cold appetizers, Stirred fried Rice cakes (I like chicken with extra chinese bakchoy and shiitake mushroom), ham and winter melon soup, Preserved Veg with soy bean & tofu curd skin,Sauteed Squash with bamboo shoots,Pork ham, bamboo shoots & tofu skin ribbon in casserole.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu