All Reader Reviews of...
606 Vanderbilt Ave., Brooklyn, NY, 11238
nr. St. Marks Ave.
By mitchellk on 3/18/2012
This place in many ways is exactly what you expect from a Brooklyn joint on Vanderbilt. The decor is laid back, but colorful, the staff looks like they are all artists earning some side money, and everything about the place leaves no doubt you are in a stereotypical Brooklyn-cool restaurant that you read about in magazines. Many times this is a Beware sign. But here, it works because it seems to be genuine. The staff doesn't try to convince you they are too cool to serve you, in fact, just the opposite, I found them to be very engaging from the moment I walked in the door. They were very enthusiastic about the food, which was simply stellar. Homemade donuts were light and fluffy, the coffee was delicious, the egg sandwich with caramelized onions and gruyere was fantastic. Even a simple side dish of scrambled eggs was gobbled up by my fussy three year old. You could tell the restaurant was very careful about the products they chose to serve (Battenkill Farms chocolate milk!!!!) and made sure every detail from start to finish enhanced the dining experience.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu