All Reader Reviews of...
330 E. 53rd St., New York, NY, 10022
nr. Second Ave.
YOU BETTER EAT FAST OR YOU MIGHT BE ASKED TO GET THE HELL OUT!!!!
By Chris_White on 2/12/2013
You know everything was fair for the price-the drinks, the service, the food (the queso was flavorless & soupy though), until they came and asked us to hurry up and leave???? We had been there for about an hour and 15 mins. We got our food maybe 30 minutes into our visit, but in the middle of our convo the bus boy comes up and tells us to hurry up because it was a couple outside that had been waiting 30 minutes. I WAS IN DISBELIEF. What restaurant does this? The place is very tiny and I understand they want to turn tables as quickly as possible, but never, ever...even at a cheap establishment, have I been asked to LEAVE? Then one minute later the manager comes up to us with his hands clasped together like "Please, please go", and when I tell them that I have never been asked to leave because others are waiting, he then offers to sit us at another table. He stated that they wanted to push two tables together to accomodate the toddler the couple had with them. So the toddler got an entire table? You want to kick us out when the kid probably could have sat on her lap until we got up and left? Now of course we were the only Black couple left in the place, but please believe if that had been some other non-minority couple, I highly doubt they would have asked them to get up. This whole thing spoiled my night. Other tables were looking at the scene, and it was embarassing. We were enjoying our meal and should have been left alone, no matter how long we wanted to sit.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu