All Reader Reviews of...
21 E. 62nd St., New York, NY, 10065
nr. Madison Ave.
By WestBank on 1/26/2009
Service was perfect: very timely, very alert, very aware, silent when necessary, conversational when engaged, polite and friendly. The food was cooked in record time, generous, and artfully prepared.
Very good food, interesting crowd, spotty service
By themicah on 5/1/2008
Pros: -Very tasty food with good variety -Reasonably priced food (for the neighborhood--entrees were in the 20-30 range) -Service was friendly if not exactly attentive -Flexible with taking a reservation for our group of 8 -They had a high chair for our baby -Interesting, fun-to-watch, stereotypical UES crowd (old men in brighly colored sport coats, young Russian women in skimpy dresses, facelifted ladies on a night out, etc.) Cons: -The room is very loud, which gets grating after a while -Overpriced wine (cheapest bottles were in the 40's, and most of the $40-50 bottles were swill) -Inconsistent service (two entrees came out way early and one came out late, water glasses often sat empty) Overall I'd say it's a solid neighborhood restaurant, but not worthy of destination status. If they had cheaper, decent wine I'd make an effort to go back. As is, given that I don't live nearby, I probably won't be back any time soon, but will keep it in mind if IÂ’m in the area again, and IÂ’d certainly recommend it to others for whom UES location is paramount.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Enrique Olvera Opening Casual Mexican Spot in Noho
- Café Gratitude Owners Receive Death Threats Over Animal-Slaughter Scandal
- Watch Key and Peele Go Crazy Eating Hot Wings
- Dunkin’ Donuts Takes Aim at Starbucks With Its New Coffee Strategy
- Where to Eat and Drink Outdoors Now That It's Finally Warming Up