All Reader Reviews of...
1207 Amsterdam Ave., New York, NY, 10027
nr. 119th St.
Good food, eclectic menu
By diner3586 on 4/16/2007
I was pretty satisfied with my experience at Amsterdam. The food was good, the portions were adequate and satisfying, and the service was very prompt. The menu has something for every taste, whether it's for drinks and tapas or a full meal. The empanadas were a bit plain, but the steak and scallops were both prepared exactly as ordered. The desserts and coffee were rich and nicely presented. It can get pretty crowded and noisy on the weekends, but during the week and early in the evening it is much quieter. The decor is nice, but the music selection was a really terrible mix of top 40 "hits" from the 90's that you'd rather not get stuck in your head again. That threw me off a bit, considering the place seems to be a hip lounge for the Columbia crowd.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu