All Reader Reviews of...
2 E. 55th St., New York, NY, 10022
nr. Fifth Ave.
Great New York Luxury
By Adrienne10017 on 4/8/2013
It was a real treat to have brunch here, and if I were rich would go often. The orange juice was the best I've ever had, adn the decor was to die for! The truffle oil eggs benedict were amazing. Highly recommend.
By skithor on 5/22/2008
I took my fiancee, sister and mother there for lunch on a whim, expecting to get fabulous food and atmosphere to continue the great time we were all having during a day of shopping for wedding items on 5th avenue. I didn't expect a Per Se type experience of course, given that it was only lunch service, however, considering all the entrees were above $30, I did expect a halfway decent meal. Unfortunately, the food was very mediocre relative to the price. I've been to bistros that serve much better food for half the price. If you say that the rest of the money was for the nice silverware and the room, well, it's nice, but definitely not worth the extra premium you pay for the view. This is NYC!! There's quite a few OTHER places where you can spend your hard-earned cash. Seems like Astor Court and the St. Regis are resting on their laurels. Quite disappointing. I won't be back either with family or clients. Remember Andy Grove's quote, "Only the Paranoid Survive." You ain't paranoid enough.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu