All Reader Reviews of...
198 Grand St., New York, NY, 10003
nr. Mott St.
By exciteme on 7/16/2007
I think banh mi's are an acquired test and if you like them, I definitely encourage a visit. The sandwiches are quite yummy. I myself prefer the pate and cha.
Best Bah Mi Ever...
By mcatsandoval on 11/30/2007
Been searching for the best bah mi in NYC, and by gosh I've found it... in a jewerly shop. Who would have thought? For less than $4 get the pork bah mi and take your first bite. Trust me you wont regret it. Better than Nikki-- larger and taster even. Not really a place to sit down and eat-- just order and go.
Go for the jewelry, stay for the sandwich.
By johnkinsella on 6/1/2010
I went here for the first time with a friend last week. Didn't quite believe him about the compound nature of the business, but it's just like the review says. They serve a great BÃ¡nh MÃ¬. Not so sure about the gold though.
By NYCarl on 8/11/2010
Saigon has moved, don't worry it is within site of the old location. This place actually disapointed me when I went. In the past the bread tasted great. The new location served bread that tasted stale. They may have lost their touch. Baoghette continues to impress me. Either way, go during lunch time, the fast turnover guarantees freshness for these and not a premade sandwich.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- FBI Looking for Man Who Sprinkled ‘Unknown Liquid Substance’ Around Whole Foods
- Taliban Fighters Are Unimpressed With McDonald’s Food
- Grumpy Del Taco Manager Fired After Not Understanding How Easy It Is to Post a Video Online
- Will Chickpea Water Be the Next Kale?
- Tony Danza’s Side Hustle Is Selling Mozzarella