All Reader Reviews of...
406 Broome St., New York, NY, 10013
at Centre St.
Overpriced Mediocre Food Served with a Bad Attitude
By Melas on 12/18/2006
A few friends and I decided to try out Bar Martignetti early one evening for drinks and dinner, what a mistake. While the decor and atmosphere are nice the service and attitude are horrible and the food is exceedly overpriced for amateur fare. We were there early and the place was empty so we ordered a bottle of wine at the bar. They constantly tried to rush us to a table even though the place was empty. When we finally sat because we couldn't take them asking one more time they gave us a table by the door that was drafty and we asked for another only to be told they were fully booked (almost every table was empty). After much ado they moved us to another table where we were rushed through a below average very expensive meal with a server that had a very condescending attitude. Upon leaving the place was still at least half empty so we had no idea what the issue with seating was. If you're looking for a pleasant comfortable evening out with good food this is not the place.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Silicon Valley Start-Up Working to Create a World Where All Pizza Is Cooked by Robots
- Japanese Chain Debuts Predictably Bonkers Ghostbusters Burgers
- Brooklyn’s Take Root Will Host Its First Designer Pop-up This Weekend
- The Stonewall Inn Is Now a National Monument
- IHOP Staffers Turned Their Entire Restaurant Into an All-out Brawl