All Reader Reviews of...
513 E. 6th St., New York, NY, 10009
nr. Ave. A
By ntenzer on 1/3/2011
Went on NYE for an early dinner before the Midnight Run and were thoroughly impressed - well worth the commute from the UES. The staff was impeccable and the wine list was great. Wife and I split empanadas, one chorizo, the shrimp salad, a skirt steak, and a flan. All were excellent and the flan was a total surprise, having lived in Spain and Latin America I feel I have had my share but, the richness of the custard was exceptional. The steak was a great skirt steak, grilled in classic South American/Pampas style served with mashed potatoes and chimichurri. It should be noted these are not aged steaks (i.e. there's a reason for the price gap), but still wonderful and the staff was so attentive and welcoming we will definitely return. As an FYI, the prices have generally risen from those posted on NYMag (e.g. $40 steak is now $50) - perhaps being posted on Cheap Eats has that effect on a good restaurant. If you're looking for a very reasonable Latin steakhouse with wonderful food, warm service and a great vibe, this is the place.
By scbaldwin on 3/26/2009
Not knowing anything about this restaurant walking in, I couldn't have been more happy with the food service and overall restaurant. Waiter went out of his way to give suggestions on the food and wine, the warm bread before the meal was a great starting point and the prices couldn't have any better. An absolute steal for the quality of the food vs. price. Only drawback was the noisy group of people but still, they were entertaining and it wasn't the restaurants fault. Bathrooms were clean as well.
By SlaintePaddys on 5/19/2007
It is not often I travel over to the East Village expecting an exceptional meal...let alone a steak nonetheless. Simply put this is Argentinean as good as it gets in Manhattan. From the moment we walked in the door the service was warm and attentive but not invasive. Order the Colita De Cuadril Marinada steak for two @ $19.99 (unheard of); marinated for 24 hours in olive oil, fresh oregano, red peppers fresh parsley and scallions. Note they will not prepare above Medium Rare. Meat was juicy and flavorful. Inexpensive!!! Nice atmosphere. Great wine variety and inexpensive. This is hard to find in NYC Restaurants.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu