All Reader Reviews of...
284 W. 12th St., New York, NY, 10014
at 4th St.
Small portions, out of line prices
By WestVillageTom on 11/27/2006
I ordered the linguine with cockles. It turned out to be angel hair pasta, which I would not have ordered. The portion was ridiculusly small. Is pasta such an expensive ingredent? Worst of all, it was disgustingly salty. I really wanted to send it back, except I thought it would ruin it for my dinner companion. My friend had the scallops appitizer. He liked it, but for $13 he was expecting more than two. My red wine was served too warm in a warm wine glass. The one bright spot was the service, which was friendly. Be prepared to spend a lot and walk away hungry.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- The Rise of the Power Sushi Restaurant
- 25-Ton Potato Spill Blocks Off North Carolina Highway for Hours
- Man Who Sprayed Rodenticide in Whole Foods Believed People Were Trying to Poison Him
- Columbia Tells Student He’s Done Running That Restaurant in His Dorm Room
- Kings County Distillery’s Tasting Room Opens Tonight With Whiskey Pops, Manhattans, and More