All Reader Reviews of...
126 E. 28th St., New York, NY, 10016
nr. Lexington Ave.
Hidden Gem-copper Chimney Restaurant
By vts on 1/8/2013
Walked into this very pretty restaurant with a clean modern look unlike most indian places and was surprised when i noticed that the food decor was great and the pricing was very close to other restaurants on the block and yet not full.For us a group of noisy 8 was perfect as we loved the food and got amazing service. The waiter was not very aggressive to make a sale and it felt good as we were not forced to order more. The dahi poori and honey gobi garlic was the best and the tandoori chicken was so rightfully done not overcooked but just so succulent.The lamb biryani was delicious too.I would def go again to Copper Chimney and recommend it to friends too...
Elegant and stylish but lacks refined service
By Candacesue on 11/21/2007
There are not many elegant Curry Hill restaurants that offer the stylish atmosphere of Copper Chimney but that's where its superiority ends. The cocktails were disappointing and the food average. at a birthday dinner, guests had to send back their $10 cocktails and several dishes - the Andra Crab Masala, Hari Bahri Dahl and lamb vindaloo- were overspiced But the service resulted in the most resounding disappointment. Our waiter was sweet , but slow, taking too long to take our order and leaving the plates on the table too long afterward. Then at 11 am, before the bill was signed, the restaurant began turning off the lights..unacceptable considering the 11 guests who we brought to dinner. Copper Chimney wants to charge its big-league prices but does not know how to provide service that stands up to most any NYC restaurant.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Enrique Olvera Opening Casual Mexican Spot in Noho
- Café Gratitude Owners Receive Death Threats Over Animal-Slaughter Scandal
- Watch Key and Peele Go Crazy Eating Hot Wings
- Dunkin’ Donuts Takes Aim at Starbucks With Its New Coffee Strategy
- Where to Eat and Drink Outdoors Now That It's Finally Warming Up