All Reader Reviews of...
272 Smith St., Brooklyn, NY, 11231
nr. Degraw St.
Favorite neighborhood restaurant
By BrooklynFood on 3/5/2011
This place is simply amazing. I've been going there with my girlfriend every couple weeks get a couple rounds of mojitos, 2 apps, and 2 entrees for under 60 bucks. The food is simply delicious. I recommend the mojitos, corn on the cob(not sure of the spanish name), empanadas(meat), and the steak quesidillas. I'd give more info but I'm really hungry and going to order now.
Wonderful neighborhood go-to
By ammainol on 9/16/2011
Cubana Cafe is exactly the type of restaurant that every neighborhood needs - great food in a unique atmosphere for a great price. I've never had a dish that I didn't really enjoy and the portions are more than ample. The Buena Vista pollo, the stuffed poblano chili and the maduros are all stand outs. Hands down one of the best, low-key restaurants in the Brooklyn Heights/Cobble Hill/Carroll Gardens area.
By qwerty11231 on 12/30/2007
Very nice atmosphere in this small restaurant, good food and very decent prices. The only I hate: they only accept cash (not the only one on Smith Street...)
Fun, little place.
By EatItBrooklyn on 10/4/2008
Great chickpea salad and tostones. Service is slow, but if you're not in a hurry, why fret? For photos, go to: www.eatbrooklynfood.blogspot.com and click on "Cuban".
horrible service, there are better cuban places in brooklyn
By Vin2811 on 2/8/2008
The decor is nice, the food is ok, not great, definitely have had better. The service is horrible!! There were only two servers in a packed place, very slow, unattentive and rushed service. they also brought out the wrong dish to my table. will not go back, go to habana outpost instead. Not sure if the cooks are even "cuban"... who puts cheese on a papas rellenas?
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu