- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
8611 Third Ave., Brooklyn, NY, 11209
nr. 86th St.
Perfect Saturday night, 2nd great meal here
By Caprice06 on 2/24/2008
Writing the 1st review, i decided I should introduce my bf to this place. We walked in w/o reservations and were given a seat at the bar while we waited for a table. Busy Sat night crowd of young and older couples, many candles lighting the resto. 15 min later, we were seated & told the specials. A small bowl of olives and warm bread were placed on the table,perfect to nibble on as we perused the menu. We ordered 2 appetizers, the pikilia, an assortment of dips served w/ warm pita, and the grilled octopus, both really good. For entrees, I tried a special, halibut with almond sauce over sunchoke puree with roasted cauliflower, and my bf got what our waiter assured him was the largest dish - a veal chop - and he was not kidding, it was enormous! We both enjoyed the dinner, tho my bf felt the place was a bit small. Our waiter was very helpful and informed about the food. We were too full for dessert, even my bf who can eat a ton! Next time we'll save room for dessert... and there will definitely be a next time!
A great find in Bay Ridge!
By Caprice06 on 2/23/2008
My brother and I took our mother here for her birthday. We were a group of 8 people, made reservations & when we arrived, were seated quickly by a very warm & gracious host. We got a carafe of wine right away, and appetizers shortly afterwards - delicious! Several of us got the octopus salad special, and were all raving about it, the entrees that followed did not disappoint! My branzini was perfectly grilled, i ate every bite, & every dish was presented beautifully. Mousakka came in little layered rounds, also delicious. Desserts were yummy, tried a phyllo dessert layered with a thick custard, served w/ a semolina gelato - filling, very good and not too sweet. Service throughout dinner was excellent, attentive but not overbearing, and we weren't rushed at all. Atmosphere was quaint and rustic, we saw a few couples eating there at the smaller tables. My mother loved the place so much that she went back a week later with her fiance. I will definitely be going again!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu