All Reader Reviews of...
72-05 Austin St., Queens, NY, 11375
nr. 72nd Ave.
By alvinstapleton on 9/16/2010
I went here late one night and the food was amazing... I just wish that they werent mopping while i was eating.
By lorigassie on 6/1/2010
I went here for a Sunday lunch with a friend that was visiting. We have a tradition of catching up over Mexican. She ordered chicken enchiladas, and I order nachos with chicken. My nachos were piled high with very well seasoned chicken that had a great flavor. They were also loaded with great toppings where I felt like I was having a meal and not a plate full of chips like some restaurants serve. Our strawberry daquiris were also good and the service was pleasant. The only change I would recommend would be to have freshly made chips. The chips they bring out to your table definitely come out of a bag rather than are ones that they make. The decor was fun and was overall a good experience. Great place for lunch!
Good local place
By jhkim on 4/17/2010
This is a good place to go if you're looking for good local mexican. No matter what you order (I've had the tacos, fajitas, and enchiladas), the flavors are robust and the plates are overflowing with guacamole, sour cream, and pico. The margaritas are nice and strong. The wait can be long and the bar is loud and cramped, but its a fun night out.
Pretty cool place
By Rubydiana on 12/15/2009
This place has pretty good food.... if you're there to eat it's best you do not go at night, this place can get loud... I suggest going from 5-9pm. The appetizers are amazing!!! i think better than the entrees. but the entrees are good as well..
Not so hot
By CynicalSunshine5 on 2/27/2009
My boyfriend and I had heard such great things about this restaurant that we decided to try it out (we live a few blocks away). I must say, I was not impressed. I think the food was okay? It was hard to concentrate on the food when I kept getting whacked in the back of the head by drunk girls crowding around the bar - which was 3 feet away from our table. This is not a restaurant with a bar, it's a bar that happens to serve food. Horrible dining experience, but I'm sure it's great if you're there for drinks.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Classic Desserts Are Returning to New York Menus
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations