- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
57225 Main Rd., Southold, NY, 11971
nr. Town Harbor Ln.
Who knew the best was at the North end of this Long Island?
By TomMariner on 7/5/2009
You are seated at a white clothed table and promptly served obviously fresh baked rolls. If one judges a restaurant by the bread, this is going to be memorable!. The competent, friendly summer staff unfolds the food, wine, and tasting(!) menus. Food menu -- eclectic, innovative. Wine -- you're in wine country so amazing selection from within 15 miles -- and a smaller sampling size by the glass! Tasting menu -- vow to return with friends who share fanaticism for food -- and a lot of time. Since creativity rules, the exact dishes are irrelevant, but our sea scallops and the paella (homemade chorizo!) made eyebrows go up at first bite. The salad's obviously grown within yards of the place, and the desserts cause audible sighs of appreciation. If you love a memorable dining experience -- or want to impress someone you are an epicurean, dial for reservations. My advice -- impress yourself.
By JRuch on 8/28/2009
Easily one of my favorite restaurants. The beautiful classic decor, delicious food (freshest ingredients), and amazingly well-trained staff (amazing b/c of how knowledgeable and young they are! (most are in their teens)). I had proposed to my girlfriend this past weekend and they took very good care of us. Complimentary champagne kicked off this fantastic meal, with crispy cod and yukon gold potato cakes, seared ahi tuna, and striped bass. We returned the next night for dessert and sat at the bar. Our bartender, Rick, treated us very wellÂ—starting us out with the infamous coconut tapioca pudding paired with a local ice wine (all on the house). We then moved to the chocolate soufflÃ© with black mint gelato and a shot of chocolate mouse, and the strawberry sundae with fresh local berries, both recommendations from the staff. These too were paired with ice wines, and being so impressed with the dessert, I had to get a dozen chocolate chip cookies (hot out of the oven) as a reminder of how amazing this place was. Will definitely go back again...and againÂ…and again. Highly recommend.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu