All Reader Reviews of...
152 W. 49th St., New York, NY, 10019
nr. Seventh Ave.
By FoodFinder on 7/5/2010
If you were in this restaurant, you should be careful about your tips. I put small tips on the table, the clerk chased to me and said " You put too small tips, I need more tips. Normallly 15%." Oh my gosh!! The service was really poor and I have never met such a rude clerk in my life.
By hero162001 on 7/5/2010
i was really disappointed about taste of the food. quality was not good, taste is just acceptable for me. i wonder that why i need to pay over $10(except tip) that quality foods. in addition their services were not good. i was surprised that one clerk followed us until outside of restaurant to charge extra tip. i have never had this kind of experience. tip is same as customer satisfaction, they should accept and consider about why tip was average, under average or above. i will never go there.
rudest and most humiliating customer service
By yeqian.zhao on 3/6/2015
Rudest and most humiliating (near) dining experience I've ever had!!! I came here with three of my friends for lunch during the summer of 2014 as this place looked affordable and popular. When ordering, all of us ordered the full course meal (~20) while I only wanted a small appetizer and a drink since that was all the cash I had. It only added up to $6 and the waiter said the minimum order was $9 per person. I was not hungry for anything else and I am not going to let my friends buy me anything just to fulfill the bill. So, we asked to see the manager. Long story short, the manager said, "(he) rather me sit outside on the curb and wait while my friends ate then for me to violate 'store policy' as an under-paid customer". All of my friends were paying the full price and it was not like a stranger was going to replace me in that table of 4. It was evident that he valued his own "store policy" and his profit margin much more then his customers so all of us walked out...under the request of the manager. The whole time, we maintain a civil and polite composure but we were not reciprocated by his extreme unprofessionalism. This business was extremely rude and made all of us feel extremely humiliated as we were literally kicked out for me not having the extra $4 on top of the $60+ bill from our table. I understand and respect store policies but to have a business love money so much that they are willing to humiliate their paying customers is unacceptable.
By girardasse on 12/14/2007
Sapporo offers huge bowl of ramen for less than 10$.
Best place to eat in Midtown
By shrillczar on 8/13/2008
The tantan ramen (sesame paste soup) is terrific, and the value for money is outstanding.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More