All Reader Reviews of...
250 W. 47th St., New York, NY, 10036
By Jrnorleans on 9/1/2011
We found this on line in New York Magazine review of pre theater restaurants. It was wonderful. Good service, good prices and excellent food a short 5 minute walk from the theater. The food was very good Italian. We look forward to returning.
Was worth the risk!
By MrScooter on 1/21/2010
I was in NYC doing a theater weekend by myself. I wandered the streets looking for a place that appeared to have good, affordable food in a pleasant, upscale yet cozy environment. The service was wonderful. The food was well-prepared and filling. At the end, I was surprised by how low the bill was! Just a special note about kids: If you don't like them, ask to be seated upstairs. The main floor seems to get very crowded during peak hours and there seem to be many families celebrating at long tables.
By Roxie88 on 9/22/2009
What a pleasant surprise right in the middle of the Theatre district. Great food & service. Price for NY is more than affordable. Three of us had dinner (no drinks) for less than $100.
By 57maureen on 9/19/2009
I was there last evening with my sister and two friends because we were going to the show at the Edison Hotel. We meet there and my friends decided we would go and try Scarlatto. We all thoroughly enjoyed the food which was excellent and the waiter that we had NICO (don't know if that is spelled correctly) was excellent. Our waiter was very personable and very attentive. We were also celebrating our friends (twins) birthday and he was excellent at helping and even put candles on the desserts and in chocolate put Happy Birthday around the outside of the plates which was just a wonderful surprise for our friends.
By ladylennie on 1/16/2008
Terrific little-known restaurant. Really good food at great prices.
We love it!
By evlin on 8/28/2007
We LOVE this hidden gem, in the theater district. Can't understand why it has not been "discovered". White cloth tablecloths and napkins, clean and bright, with delightful service. We've only eaten lunch there, but the Asparagi Bianchi is to die for. Servings are very generous, dishes are freshly prepared and very tasty. Ladies that lunch are the primary crowd. Waiters very attentive to sole diners. Have been back many times.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Lucky Peach’s Chris Ying Follows Strangers for Late-Night Papas Rellenas
- Enrique Olvera Opening Casual Mexican Spot in Noho
- Vegan Restaurant Owners Receive Death Threats Over Animal-Slaughter Scandal
- Watch Key and Peele Go Crazy Eating Hot Wings
- Dunkin’ Donuts Takes Aim at Starbucks With Its New Coffee Strategy