All Reader Reviews of...
30 E. 33rd St., New York, NY, 10016
nr. Madison Ave.
Good quality, moderately higher priced sushi
By KMcGrane on 6/11/2013
I'm writing this review because I don't want the only reviews of this place to be negative. I have been eating at this sushi place for more than 10 years. They are my go-to place for good quality neighborhood sushi. They are definitely more expensive than your average non-descript sushi joint, but you get a nicer quality of fish and presentation. I find the service to be pretty good for both eat-in and take-out, though I've had some less-than-perfect experiences. The restaurant is actually quite large and good for groups. I've taken out-of-town guests here and they've really thought it was excellent.
By lowereatsside on 8/31/2010
I'll be honest, the sushi was pretty good, and I was really excited to have a sushi place close to my office to enjoy. However, when my bill came, each roll was $1.50 more than it stated on the menu. Earlier, my waiter had asked me if I wanted the rolls inside out, my response "Sure, why not, I don't care." Well, they apparently charge $1.50 extra for each roll if they are inside out. When I asked to speak to the manager, I was told "Its on the menu, you should have known" The manager was was very rude. When i suggested that if they are going up-sell the inside out roll, they should mention it is a charge, same response. As someone that has worked in restaurants all my life, I have never walked out of a place leaving no tip... however, my waiter spent his tip on inside out rolls today.
It would be stupid to even consider dining there
By dosca on 5/14/2010
I went there on last Tuesday with my girl friend because we read a good review about this restaurant from Zagat. The first thing that came to my surprise was the price of their special rolls listed on their menu. But, that wasn't an issue for me at all if i got what i paid. One of the special rolls i ordered had an extremely bad taste of tuna. So, we called one of the servers to call for the manager. We were trying to let them know nicely about this matter. But, instead of meeting the manager, the server returned back to us without the manager and told us that the Tuna was fine. But, certainly, the tuna was not fine at all. The management never really wanted to be responsible with their food and oviously it was the most rude dining experience i have ever had. And, the quality of their food and service is totally overrated.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu