All Reader Reviews of...
349 E. 12th St., New York, NY, 10003
nr. First Ave.
What a disappointment
By charlesbrathwaite on 12/11/2006
Listen, I love pizza and I know good pizza and this place has good pizza. BUT, there is something utterly disingenuous about this place, something false. Again, the food is tasty yes, but charging $25 per small individual sized pizza is ridiculous. It would be one thing if the room was amazing and evocative of the many southern Italian rustic wonders you can find when over there, and if the service was gracious, but especially in light of what seems to be the very little effort these guys put in - the wait, the cost, the likelihood that they will not be open, or not have the wine you want Â– this creates a feeling of being cheated, one that is absolutely not rectified by the pizza.
Best pizza I've ever had
By robotron on 6/1/2005
A nice place with the best pizza I've ever tasted. It's more than I'd normally spend but I think it's worth it.
By dt917 on 4/17/2005
If you're into waiting 40 minutes in line then another 45 for your $17-per-person pizza, served with a side of attitude like you should be *honored* to eat here, then this is the place for you. Expect a wait even if you're the only people in here. Excellent pizza, but no way worth $50+ for two (incl. 1 drink each). Waitstaff is rude and incompetent and management is unprofessional when you call them on it.
overpriced, rude service
By ltif on 3/19/2005
The pizza is overpriced, the service extremeley slow and rude. Pizza from Naples is supposed to be thin and crusty. This one was thick and chewy. I expect much more for a $17 pizza! I'll never go back again. Try Otto instead, that's a good value!
By newyorker on 1/18/2005
Suffice it to say that I would go to basically any other pizza place in the City before I would ever go back here. The service is rude, the prices are outrageous and, after spending quite a sum, you're STILL hungry.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu