They were kind of mean to us
By NYC77 on 6/7/2013
We went here last night, and told the hostess we were just there for a drink. Only about five tables were taken in the whole place, with a whole row empty opposite the bar, but still we were expected to stand at the bar, where there was only 1 chair available. Two places at the bar, right next to us, opened up. But the maitre d' swooped in and offered the seats to two others who had come in after us. I thought the whole thing was kind of....mean, really. In any case, they made it clear that we were not valued patrons.
By cham on 8/25/2011
I went here a few weeks ago and had a not-so-pleasant experience. The hostess sat us and apparently forgot to assign someone to our table, because after sitting for over 10 minutes and being ignored by every waiter, I finally had to beg a busboy for a glass of water. Getting a menu was a whole other ordeal. Finally I approached the hostess and let her know that no one was waiting on us. After finally being waited on, the service continued to be abysmal. The food was average at best - subpar sauces and my ravioli with prosciutto was greasy and oily. Would not go back.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu