All Reader Reviews of...
973 Columbus Ave., New York, NY, 10025
nr. 108th St.
Such a nice surprise
By lambchops on 9/23/2010
I never would have found this spot unless I was searching for BYO restaurants uptown. And I'm very happy that I did! My spicy rabbit sausage was fantastic (I wolfed down all three!). And my date's chicken in a citrus sauce was really juicy and well cooked. The space is small, but comfortable and the service was welcoming. I really appreciate the cozy, neighborhood feel. The prices are all reasonable and the fact that it's BYO keeps the bill even more affordable.
A has expanded to a new location!!
By acafe on 9/6/2007
we went by the old A, and they had a sign saying they moved a block north. we went to the new location, and it was gorgeous! the food was better than ever and they had more on the menu. they also had more seating and a chill waiting lounge. the new address is 973 columbus avenue and the new phone number is 212.222.2033. just want to let everyone know, pass it on
By UpperWestDuo on 6/24/2007
Unbelievable restaurant! Quietly tucked away in the Upper West Side, great music and friendly staff greet you with a warm smile at the door. Organic food and wonderfully presented dishes add to the overall charm of the restaurant. Food was easily some of the best in the city. Try and get there before this place get discovered and remember to bring your own booze!
The little restaurant that could
By Tim29 on 5/9/2005
Down to earth, delicious, plus you get to make friends with everyone in the joint. Hope nobody else finds out about this gem,. or else we'll never be able to get a seat again....
Only in New York
By FredGibson on 2/23/2005
Staying in Morningside Heights to avoid the tourist crowd, we stumbled on this tiny place. Sitting as close as if we were on the subway at rush hour, the vibe was just perfect. The limited menu did not matter, because everything we tried exceeded our expectations. What a unique, cozy place! If you are from out of town, (we are from California Wine Country) this place is worth searching out!
Nice cozy place
By tokioleo on 2/28/2003
Nice room with nice people, feels like you are invited to a friend's or relative's house. Good homey food, not much selection, but tasty.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Classic Desserts Are Returning to New York Menus
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations