All Reader Reviews of...
35 E. 18th St., New York, NY, 10003
By australianfoodlover on 7/10/2010
The food here wasn't as good as I expected - we ordered the cheese/cured meat platter, the basil and tomato pizza and the olives. While the olives and pizza were fine - after all, there is only so much you can expect with this kind of food - the cheese/meat platter was really disappointing. The cheeses tasted like chalk and you got four pieces a little larger than a quarter, and the meats were mostly subpar, except for the proscuitto, which was excellent. The service here is great though, and their infused sodas are also really good - get the lime/basil one. I'm not sure if I'll come here again.
By akmartin on 6/6/2010
Here is the link to the restaurant website, including menu: http://www.abchome.com/systemPage/services/restaurants/abckitchen/tabid/893/Default.aspx
Oustanding new place
By MrFelps88 on 5/1/2010
Only a matter of minutes before this place becomes a critics' pick. I went there last weekend and could not have been more impressed with the food. The mackerel sashimi alone is worth the trip. Also try the fried chicken. Staff was very attentive and polite, decor very hip and good NYC crowd. The food is pretty inexpensive, too, especially for how good it is.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More