All Reader Reviews of...
409 W. 14th St., New York , NY, 10014
nr. Ninth Ave.
meatballs in meatpacking.
By redflaneur on 5/27/2010
I go there for the meatballs and... the meat. Go almost every other week now with my buddies. The Thursday night crowd is hot. Can somebody please change the music --- I can't be the only one who is tired of listening to the same Kings of Leon song for 8 months now.
By Jamie1Bastrom on 11/12/2009
Been here a few times now at the bar, but this week I brought my sis (an out of towner). We had an excellent experience. The food was alright. My sis's vegetarian dish was better than my filet. I'd go back for two things: the people watching (Wow!) and the service (This place seems to have broken Meatpacking rules, and hired kids that aren't just attractive, their attentive. The red headed cutie that entertained us tonight "...didn't know that Gossip Girl was a TV show and not a movie...," but he did know a lot about French wine, and my pocket certainly hurts for it, after he sold us not one, but twp bottles of sparkling rose. Almost four hundred dollars later I'd still go back.
Novelty for Novelty’s Sake
By goldeneats on 11/5/2009
NYT Prediction: I’d find it very hard to justify two stars for Abe & Arthur’s if I were Mr. Sifton. However, given how easy it is to spot him (see: recent Marea review) I’d wonder if the chefs at A&A don’t up their game – hopefully to the hilt – to ensure a double star. Short of that, I’d guess one star or a goose egg. Full review here: http://tinyurl.com/yfovkpx
Best New NYC Spot - A Fresh Take on American Classics
By FoodieNYC1010 on 10/19/2009
We arrived at 8:30pm on a Thursday night and the restaurant was buzzing. Not only was the atmosphere exciting, but we were warmly greeted and seated at a table in the main dining room. Our waiter was courteous, attentive, efficient, and suggested dishes for us to try. We ordered the tuna tartare tacos to start, which were fresh and amazing! The entrees were just as excellent. I had the filet mignon and my guest had the pan seared scallops and foie gras. We kept taking bites of each other's meals. Dessert might have been my favorite course. We ordered "cookies and milk" and much to our delight the plate came as raw chocolate, assorted cookies and guiness milkshakes! It was absolutely delicious! The wine was great too. Although the bar and restaurant filled up quickly, we had no difficulty hearing each other due to the multi-level layout. Overall, I was extremely pleased with Abe & Arthur's and have recommended it to all my friends and colleagues. I can't wait to go back!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu