All Reader Reviews of...
234 W. 42nd St., 21st fl., New York, NY, 10036
nr. Eighth Ave.
Pass on Above
By rfplevy on 11/12/2009
The views are far from spectacular. The restaurant was full of tourists and screaming babies. The service was horrible, our water glasses were never filled, nor were we asked if we wanted or needed anything else after we were served. We had to wave frantically to get our check. The food was actually half decent, but I would never go back. Also, expect a marketing spiel on a future stay at the hotel from the counterman when you get off the elevator.
A Quick Late Lunch
By Dana on 1/15/2003
Stopped in for a quick lunch before the movies. The service was just above terrible, the coffee brewed yesterday but the Caesar Salad was terrific! Go figure.
By reet on 3/3/2003
Where else can you feel like you are above the clouds and still have to heart of NY just a step away? Beautiful large windows allow you to enjoy it all. Service was excellent. Food very well done and presented. It was a terrific surprise for us
By pjl on 7/16/2003
Above is a great find in a sea of lights in the Times Square area. A great location for entertaining before the theater or for a romantic meal. The bar was welcoming and friendly. The bartender was accomodating on the switch to our table. The appetizers were exceptional. The main course was delicious and nicely prepared. Above's decor is very warm and is a nice change from the glitzy exterior.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu