- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
1504 Lexington Ave., New York, NY, 10029
at 97th St.
Noisy, crowded, not great for anyone over 25
By aellin on 1/5/2013
Noise level is impossible. The crowd is very young and doesn't seem to mind. The food is pretty good, maybe a little overrated, but a refreshing change for the neighborhood. The "super" french fries with Dik Dik sauce were a big soggy. Dik Dik sauce turns out to be a sort of cheese sauce that renders them very uncrispy. You'll end up having to use a knife and fork. Other dishes were excellent, as were the wines, though some are pricey. Waiter could have been more attentive but the place is such a scene, it's hard to blame him. If you want a wine bar with a bar scene, ABV may work for you. Unfortunately, the restaurant is not big enough to escape the scene. If want to enjoy a glass or two of wine in pleasant surroundings, this is not the place.
By HotChildintheCity on 10/21/2012
Fish tacos, brisket torta and fall gnocchi were incredible. Skip the fried ravioli.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu