All Reader Reviews of...
1 Hudson St., New York, NY, 10013
at West Broadway
By dashma on 9/28/2012
i live in tribeca and am always looking for good spots. i like ecco over this, for old fashioned Italian. they are pretentious and the food is just ok. overall, disappointing.
All About the Staff
By brittanycarcova on 8/17/2010
Here, the perk is the fact that the warm and welcoming staff supply the sensation that you might actually be eating in Italy. The food is slightly above average, but I have never had a chicken dish there that disappointed. The soups are perfect on a colder evening and they echo the warmth of the atmosphere. Style of the menu is similar to Il Postino but here they won me over with service.
By abbottwood on 8/1/2010
Better food can be found in many Italian spots for half the price. There is one red on the wine list under $100. The waiters put on quite a show for no other reason than padding your check. I had to tell the guy three times that I didn't want a pasta sampler I just wanted the ravioli. If he said one more time " I'll make it nice for you." I would have screamed. I don't like fighting to put my order in. Bad experience. I don't mind spending but there are so many places in NYC that are worth the price. Acappella is not one of them. It's a well orchestrated hustle. Avoid. There are great Italians spots near by.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Kings County Distillery’s Tasting Room Opens Tonight With Whiskey Pops, Manhattans, and More
- Designer Danielle Snyder Chases Dover Sole With Twizzlers
- Pizzeria Debuts Trump Pizza, Sliced Small for People With Tiny Fingers
- Donald Trump Celebrates Cinco de Mayo With ‘the Best Taco Bowls’
- New York Times Getting Into the Business of Delivering Food to People’s Homes