- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
50 Ave. B, New York, NY, 10009
nr. 4th St.
Worth the trip
By erasco on 2/23/2011
The decor, people and most importantly the food was superb. Would highly recommend it for an early evening date or late night with friends.
Reasonably Priced, Great Euro-Electro-House Music
By jcyadvct on 2/3/2011
This chic little hideaway in Alphabet City isn't the easiest to trek to in the frigid winter, but once you're in, you are rewarded by the smoothest electronic beats you can imagine pre-2AM in Alphabet City. I enjoyed a low-key, yet fun night in late Jan with some long-standing girl friends: sharing delicious cocktails, noshing on rich French classics (mussels, escargot, truffle mac&cheese, lobster linguini are all nice), and people watching. There are many European guys and artistically-inclined girls. Downstairs can get a little crowded, but it's got just enough room to mingle without feeling smothered. Just be careful about what they advertise on their website versus what they offer in person. To really be sure, print out a screenshot of the deal so that there's no argument. We were faced with an incident where they almost not going to honor the terms of our reservation (certain pri-fixe price for 4 courses). Fortunately, the manager was accommodating.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here Are 2016’s James Beard Restaurant and Chef Award Winners
- FBI Looking for Man Who Sprinkled ‘Unknown Liquid Substance’ Around Whole Foods
- Taliban Fighters Are Unimpressed With McDonald’s Food
- Grumpy Del Taco Manager Fired After Not Understanding How Easy It Is to Post a Video Online
- Will Chickpea Water Be the Next Kale?