All Reader Reviews of...
1345 Second Ave., New York, NY, 10016
nr. 71st St.
By santazdev on 11/8/2011
Great food and reasonable prices. Chicken was tender and perfectly spiced. Tandoori chicken kabob was wonderful, better than Indian restaurants' tandoori. Chicken Korma tasted very authentic. I'll definitely go again.
The Best Kebab in New York City
By jack1970 on 5/21/2010
This restaurant is in my opinion the Best Afghan Restaurant i have eaten at, considering i have tried Afghan food in San Francisco,London& Los Angeles. The decor is very plain , but i'm there for the food ! The kebabs are the best they grill them over charcoal which is what gives them flavor, try the mixed grill (Chicken,Lamb& Beef) I would also recomend the Palau (rice with Carrots,Rasins&almonds) also try the home made cucumber youghurt sauce or the Cilantro mint chutney as Afghan food is a little dry.
Amazing Afghan Cuisine
By Mohammad Alam (NY MAG) on 3/9/2009
I have been to this restaurant quite a few times. the food is amazing, the taste is really authentic and it has its own style. the decor is very afghanistan as well with rugs and tent type looking wall decorations. But did i tell you that food was great? the Kebab dishes are very tasty. the lamb chops are not as good but the beef and chicken kebabs are very tasty. The half chicken dish is a bit much to eat so i recommend that for take out.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More