All Reader Reviews of...
140 Seventh Ave. South, New York, NY, 10014
at Charles St.
Agave: Southwestern magical dining experiance
By bcashman283 on 1/13/2005
Agave is a magical culinary delight in all areas. It is a fun place for meeting and entertaining. The menu has something for those who have diversified taste as well as simple ones. The service is both attentive and reserved so as to keep you satisfied. Agave is the kind of place where you are proud to be the one that recommended it.
Tastefully decorated, tastier margheritas
By 1foodynyc on 9/23/2004
I love the decor of this space, they have spent painstaking time on details. From the flowers to the lighting to the south western artwork that adorns the walls. They have a great steak and cheese quesadilla and the prickly pear margherita is worth the visit all by itself. Like the atmosphere far better than that of Benny's burrito or any of the other mexican restaurants in the vicinity
Great for parties as well as smaller groups
By zeecee on 12/5/2003
We were delighted to have Agave open and though disappointed the first time we tried it, we've returned and are now quite happy there. For openers, the Margaritas and Mojitos are super. It's a happy place with many people in the 20's enjoying the drinks and food. They start you with delicious chips and sauces. The main courses we've had have been good as have the typical Mexican things, like the lobster and corn tacos, one of my favorites. That's a main course for me at it's reasonably priced at something like $14. It's nicely done, service is professional and pleasant. Ceiling is a bit low, but it's not too noisy for those of us who don't remember what it's like to be twenty. Casual, it's useful just for drinks as well. The tables near the entrance can get cold when it's unpleasant out.
might go back
By Caitlyn on 8/18/2003
Apps were miniscule- chips and guac was literally 10 chips and a dollop of guac. Service was very slow but friendly, Entrees were good.
Southwest vacation for Dinner
By gwhiz00711 on 3/2/2003
Agave is an adventure in taste. The menu is full of choice. We started with a Southwest sampler washed down with a 20 year old single barrel Tequila from an extensive list. The entre was a very light fresh fish wrapped in banana skin called "Dorado". The creme brulee for dessert was second to none. We enjoyed the cozy hide-away feel of the spacious adobe style dining room. Waitress was quite attentive and manager treated us to a sampling of some rare Tequilas.
By jrxx1 on 3/1/2003
Great hideaway. Main dishes and ceviche are delicious, but the margaritas, both frozend and on the rocks, r-u-l-e! Only thing they need to improve is the quantity of salsa they give you with the chips.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Introducing the Pie Sundae, Which You Can Go and Eat â€‹Right Now
- CafÃ© Henrie’s Light, Bright Dinner Menu Launches Tonight
- Mayor de Blasio Urges New Yorkers to Avoid Chick-fil-A
- FBI Apprehends Whole Foods Customer It Says Sprayed Mouse Poison in the Store
- Grim New Study Says Some Pacific Oysters Contain ‘a Cocktail of Pharmaceuticals’