All Reader Reviews of...
400 Fifth Ave., 2nd fl., New York, NY, 10018
at 36th St.
By KaileyCooper on 6/16/2012
The atmosphere was very nice and the food was eloquently good. The service was horrific to say the least! After a $300.00 later, the evening would have been perfect but the bad attitude of the waiter really made for terrible experience. His name was Christopher. If you choose to go to this restaurant and you get him as a waiter, I would strongly suggest you leave. He should be fired!!! We'll never go back!
excellent food and wine selection
By agehrke on 12/14/2010
Not being from NY we stumbled across this place on thursday in search of a good glass of wine. The doorman in front of Setai building recommended Ai Fiori a new restaurant in the neighborhood. The hostess and bartender greeted us and welcomed us in right away even though we were a little undressed. We like the ambience so much and the good wine we made a dinner reservation for sunday night to celebrate her birthday. The dinner started with a good glass of champagne and blue crab appetizer, followed by a surprise sampling of cauliflower soup from the chef. The bread choices were good but the sourdough was a little messy and hard to cut. The salad with pepper dressing was devine. My friend ordered the lobster that had some sort of creme sauce. I ordered the lamb which was served on greens with a sausage stuffing. We ended the evening with desserts and complimentary candies. Overall service was very good and the food was excellent. I can't wait to get back to NY and try this place again.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Hundreds of Frozen Foods at Costco, Walmart, and Trader Joe’s Recalled Over Listeria Fears
- America Finally Realizing Subway’s Sandwiches Aren’t Very Good
- Supreme Court Won’t Stand in the Way of Seattle’s $15 Minimum Wage
- Congress Introduced a Bill to Keep Journalists From Snooping Around Big Food
- A Farming Cartoonist Was Fired for Joking About Big Agriculture