All Reader Reviews of...
57 W. 48th St., New York, NY, 10020
nr. Sixth Ave.
Best kept secret
By jlicata on 7/9/2009
I was in last week and had a great time. This place is the best kept secret! They offer free parking to there customers in the garage next door. I found out they have these great private rooms downstairs so i booked a business event later this month. The steak was amazing, unlike most places they actually butcher there own meat. A true steakhouse and not a corporate fake. Not many places like this left. Im proud to say im a new dedicated customer.
Great Meal At AJ's
By Rocky75 on 1/27/2009
I had dinner there this weekend and and still thinking about it. Everything so so damn good. I had the rib eye, my wife had the filet mignon. Both were fantastic. The waiters visited my table often to make sure we had everything we needed. This restaurant is top notch and is now one of my favorites.
Really nice service
By Meta on 4/22/2008
I just at at Maxwells and thought the food and service was great. We sat at the bar for a while waiting for one of our group and the bartender was really terrific. Best bar food (home made chips) I have had in a while. Can recommend.
AJ Maxwell's a place you should visit
By pmonach on 1/27/2008
I cannot believe the previous review. I think that person had the wrong Lenny and the wrong restaurant. I do a lot of fund raising for HeartShare Human Services of NY. I did not know Lenny and went on a cold call to ask for a dinner for two for our Gala event. Lenny was so gratious - he not only gave me dinner for two - he gave me a NASCAR Poster - 4 signed NASCAR cars. There was nothing he wouldn't do - - and I just met him!! In the past months - he sponsored a 1,500 tree and accomodated the HeartShare Board for their meeting. Some comments from the Board - "the best meal - best service - would definately go again". I also have had company meetings and everyone raved about the food and service. Please do not go by the previous review - I think they were at the wrong place. Lenny and his partners would NEVER EVER turn anyone down.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s