All Reader Reviews of...
19 W. 46th St., New York, NY, 10036
nr. Fifth Ave.
Great place for midtown lunches
By Zlatin Ivanov (NY MAG) on 4/16/2007
The babaghanoush ($6) was chunky, pleasantly garlicky and downright homemade. It was a bit pale, because the eggplant had been properly cleaned and wasn't mixed with any peppers that would taint it. My barbecued "kofte" ($10) were delicious, especially as served with a char grilled hot pepper.
fresh and tasty
By deborah on 9/15/2006
Went with co-workers and had the chicken soup and grilled calamari salad. Everything was extremely fresh. The chicken soup with a squeeze of lemon tasted bright and lively with chopped shredded chicken, carrots and dill. The calamari was nicely char-grilled over romaine. I had a bite of my friend barbequed meat balls (lamb) and it was delicious.
Great service and good food
By KMasters on 10/19/2004
Akdeniz is a small little Mediterranean Turkish restaurant and has the ambience of one. Nothing extremely elaborate but nice enough to make you feel comfortable dining there, might be a bit too quiet for kids. I can't say I'm an expert in Turkish cuisine, but for my taste, the food was excellent. The lamp chops was a bit expensive but at the same time very flavorful and aromatic. The Meditarranean Salad and Spinach Tarator were very tasty. Portions were more than enough to fill up a normal diner. We opted for their Pre-Fix menu, costing about $18, which included an appetizer, entree, dessert, and coffee. The number of selection on the Pre-Fix menu was good. The service was excellent both times I was there. The waiters were friendly and extremely attentive. They even offered 1 of us free coffee when the rest of us ordered it with our meals and 1 person did not, just so he didn't feel left out, how many other places can you say will do that voluntarily? Can't wait to go back there for more good food and service.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Colonia Verde’s Next Sunday Asado Features Alex Raij and Fany Gerson
- Levain Bakery, and Its Tremendous Cookies, Are Moving to a Bigger Space
- Starbucks Introduces Nitrogen-Infused Cold Brew, Just Wants to Be One of the Cool Kids
- ‘Renegade’ Ice-Cream Trucks Terrorizing Mister Softee Drivers
- Classic Desserts Are Returning to New York Menus