All Reader Reviews of...
181 W. 4th St., New York, NY, 10014
nr. Jones St.
Skimpy portions; did not inspire return visit
By zeecee on 3/23/2003
Having lived on the west coast, I got spoiled by an excess of wonderful sushi restaurants, so have searched New York, only occasionally finding one I return to. Aki is a definite disappointment. I ordered a pre-fab sushi/sashimi plate and it was so skimpy, I was shocked. Perhaps it was around $22, a reasonable price in this area for a decent amount of sushi, but this was the equivalent of an appetizer portion anywhere else. The fish was fresh enough and the decor pleasant, far beyond what I'd expect on this tourist-type street. The person I was eating with (which took only minutes) agreed there were far better sushi places (though perhaps not as pretty) in the neighborhood.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Classic Desserts Are Returning to New York Menus
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations