All Reader Reviews of...
1484 Second Ave., New York, NY, 10075
nr. 77th St.
By lorimar1030 on 7/20/2011
Al Forno has to be among the top 10 restaurants I've had the pleasure of dining at. The appetizers were exceptional. The margarita pizza & squash blossoms were to die for. All entrees were done to perfection. The dessert was heavenly. Our wait staff Myra and Tory were wonderful... I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys a really great meal and exceptional service.
good every day restaurant.
By Ed_Vicky on 12/30/2007
After a long day traveling, I wanted to have dinner and then get some rest. Not knowing the area well since I was staying at a friends place, I went online and found this neighborhood Italian Pizza place. After walking down 2nd Ave, I realized there were quite a few restaurants in the area, including Italian food. I was happy to see this since Italian is my favorite. As I got close to the restaurant I saw their sign out front and felt I was not going to like this place for some reason. Went inside and was seated quickly. The restaurant was about half full with mostly families. The menu was brought quickly by the waiter and the drink order was taken right away, After ordering the food, it came fairly quick, including a pizza. The food taste was very good. There are no refills on soft drinks. Above average services. This is a lovely restaurant for family functions, and an affordable yet nice dinner. All in all, I liked this restaurant, would recommend it to others, and would go back again.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu