All Reader Reviews of...
7 W. 20th St., New York, NY, 10011
nr. Fifth Ave.
Friendly, fun and great food
By BigSigh on 11/1/2007
My girlfriend and I were served by supergirl at the bar. It was Halloween. Everybody who worked in the restaurant and bar were extremely relaxed and friendly. I cannot recommend this place enough. Even though we ended up being half an hour late they were flexible. The bar had a happy hour so we got a couple of red wines very cheaply and then moved onto the meal. I had delicious baked clams on grilled zucchini followed by a buttery, tasty shrimp risotto. I forget what my girlfriend had as I was so enraptured by my meal. We will both without doubt return here. I highly, highly, highly recommend this wonderful warm restaurant.
By ciboamore on 8/22/2005
While visiting relatives this Summer in NYC, we asked our concierge for a nice, place that would have a quality menu and do little damage to our pockets. Well, we were given ALEO, and ALEO it will be whenever we are in NYC going forward. The OUTDOOR GARDEN was a pleasure, as were the people, but the food was marvelous. Thank You to our concierge, and "GRAZIE, ALEO"......
Glad I Found ALEO
By Jake4food on 5/23/2005
ALEO is an excellent find. I was extremely pleased with the service and the food as well. The wine list is superlative, and the prices are quite gentle. The outdoor garden is a gem in NYC. I will go back.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Supreme Court Won’t Stand in the Way of Seattle’s $15 Minimum Wage
- Congress Introduced a Bill to Keep Journalists From Snooping Around Big Food
- A Farming Cartoonist Was Fired for Joking About Big Agriculture
- Why This Leading London Chef Feels Energized by New York Kitchens
- Oxford Student Refuses to Tip Server Because She’s White