- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
214 E. 52nd St., New York, NY, 10022
nr. Second Ave.
By ronronald on 2/8/2012
I came in around 6 and had a (perfectly prepared) drink at the most perfect bar. This is not a big restaurant, but it works and flows and is artfully decorated. A delicious dinner followed. The chef certainly can draw flavor from the fresh ingredients, particularly any octopus dish. The traditional bacala is done beautifully, and is a little "lighter" than usual. They also run a full scale bakery business; quite industrious. I ate at the Village location a few years ago and liked it. Here I loved. Highly recommend.
By twjared on 7/26/2011
Just had a really great lunch at Alfama. The food was awesome, the service was extremely attentive and pleasant, and I enjoyed the cozy yet modern atmosphere. Awesome place!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here Are 2016’s James Beard Restaurant and Chef Award Winners
- FBI Looking for Man Who Sprinkled ‘Unknown Liquid Substance’ Around Whole Foods
- Taliban Fighters Are Unimpressed With McDonald’s Food
- Grumpy Del Taco Manager Fired After Not Understanding How Easy It Is to Post a Video Online
- Will Chickpea Water Be the Next Kale?