All Reader Reviews of...
102 W. 73rd St., New York, NY, 10023
nr. Columbus Ave.
I am in love with this place
By ethiobrit on 7/5/2007
The scones were amazing and the tea was delicous too. Their tea menue is so extensive that I never know which one to choose. If you are planning on going there, I would suggest getting the pumpkin scone, as I feel it is one of the best as well as the passion fruit tea. The place is perfect for kid's and parents who want to remember childhood.
A neighborhood favorite!
By Arti on 6/26/2010
This place is my absolute favorite in the neighborhood. The food is incredibly good, the decor is whimsical and fun, and the service is great. I would highly recommend the scones, which are the special here, with a different selection every day. The wide variety of teas is impressive, with some really flavorful and unique house blends (my favorites are the kashmiri green tea, the rose melange, and alice's birthday blend). If you are reasonably hungry and have a buddy with you, be sure to try the mad hatter tea for two. With a selection of scones, sandwiches, cookies and cake and tea, it really is a showcase of the best that Alice's has to offer. To my delight, I also recently discovered that the brunch is stellar. I had and loved the eggs benedict with smoked salmon, which is served on a delicious savory scone instead of an english muffin. Be warned that this place doesn't take reservations and there's almost always a wait - but they will let you leave your phone number and call you when your table is ready. There are lots of cute stores in the neighborhood for fun window shopping while you wait.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Salad Chain Literally Everyone’s Obsessed With Bans Bacon and Sriracha From Its Menus
- Lin-Manuel Miranda â€‹Finally Got His Sardi’s Portrait
- Dairy Queen Gives America ‘Ultimate Frappé’ Coffee Drinks
- GQ’s ‘12 Best New Restaurants of 2016’ Includes Wildair, Untitled, and Mimi
- Olmsted, From 3 Atera Alumni, Opens in Prospect Heights Tonight