Vry leisurely & vry delicious
By BklynMe on 1/14/2009
I went to this restaurant for the first time this past Saturday and returned Monday; it is very small. Especially @ the counter on a Sat nite. Every person who passed me, brushed me. There was just not enough room. Both times the staff was very warm, solicitous, friendly & very busy. Sometimes it was hard to get their attention. But, this is not for the time limited patron. This was a leisurely, soothing, & delicious gastronomic event We enjoyed their signature salad w/ fresh dill and mint, and the Octopus with w/ fresh herbs and warm red potatoes. (It true the octopus is a little salty especially with the Balsamic reduction but, the potatoes have no salt so the two complement each other well. Might be my favorite dish with all of its wonderful contradictions: chewy and crispy, savory and sweet, & the mÃ©lange of textures! Delicious!) Followed by their Honey &Thyme Pasta, (deceptively light taste on the tongue, hearty feel in the stomach) and the Whole Branzino, with a refreshing cold fennel salad, & marinated roasted lemon. Not cheap, for the 2 of us it was around $160 including several glasses of wine.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Salad Chain Literally Everyone’s Obsessed With Bans Bacon and Sriracha From Its Menus
- Lin-Manuel Miranda â€‹Finally Got His Sardi’s Portrait
- Dairy Queen Gives America ‘Ultimate Frappé’ Coffee Drinks
- GQ’s ‘12 Best New Restaurants of 2016’ Includes Wildair, Untitled, and Mimi
- Olmsted, From 3 Atera Alumni, Opens in Prospect Heights Tonight