All Reader Reviews of...
124 Bedford Ave., Brooklyn, NY, 11211
at N. 10th St.
By little_edie on 12/15/2012
I've lived in the neighborhood since 2001. Having seen many restaurants come and go, I honestly find Allswell a truly fantastic place. I've been 3 or 4 times and so far have tried the burger, the broccoli with anchovies, apple pie, breaded chicken, brussel sprouts w/honey and bacon, creme fraiche ice cream, and fried olives...all of it delightful. They bake their own bread! They make their own ricotta! The wine and beer list is thoughtful! Allswell is by far one of the loveliest additions to the restaurant landscape of Brooklyn.
By whopper on 12/12/2012
This has become my favorite neighborhood restaurant. I typically get a bit tired of "seasonal" restaurants because my favorites disappear from the menu and I am too often disappointed by what replaces it. I never have this problem at Allswell. The food is consistently wonderful and the variety exciting. The desserts and baked goods are almost always incredible. It's cozy on a slow night, lively on a busy night, and cheerfully bright at brunch. Even in a neighborhood thick with great restaurants, Allswell is a treat.
Allswell that startswell and endswell.
By mohinipatel on 8/23/2012
I walked into Allswell hoping to find a quiet spot to grab a bite while I finished some work on my day off... and that was exactly what I found! The staff was cheery, helpful, and incredibly warm. I decided on their delicious egg & cheese sandwich, side salad, and lemonade. I've already made a date with a friend to grab a drink and catch-up there next week! (P.s. I'm not sure if Allswell has changed since the other reviewer left his comments, but my experience was drastically different from his, and I recommend everyone give this place a try for themselves!)
All is not well at this place
By TamaraK on 12/7/2011
I've lived in the neighborhood for 13 years and am always delighted when a new place opens to check out. Especially given my fondness for The Spotted Pig. I went yesterday to have drinks and a bite with a friend. I arrived before my friend did. The hostess sent me to an empty chair at the bar but when I went to sit, the person next to me said it was occupied. Fine, I figured I would order a cocktail and hover for a bit. The hostess told me that wouldn't be possible and that I should go have a drink somewhere else and she would call me when a space became available. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! So, I left to meet my friend nearby at the Pillar and Plough, another new spot which I'll happily review. It was lovely. And oddly enough, when we got there, we met two other friends who were having dinner. They had just come from Allswell as well and had the SAME EXPERIENCE! With service like that, Allswell will soon be a dry well. Oh Well:)
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s