All Reader Reviews of...
187 Columbia St., Brooklyn, NY, 11231
at Degraw St.
great views and tacos
By Francyfood on 4/12/2012
Bets view of Manhattan I'm sure. Awesome margerita and the fish tacos were a treat. Can't wait to go back in the heat of summer.
Perfect on cool summer day!
By Mercy on 8/28/2010
Went to Alma on a nice Friday night. Got there early (5:30) so had no trouble getting a seat on the roof for dinner and drinks. The bartender downstairs on the 1st Floor, Elijah, was lovely and made a decent margarita. Our waitress for dinner was not as gracious. She was annoyed that we sent back two drinks- the cucumber margarita which was toooo spicy, and some other strong margarita that tasted like gasoline. The food was heavenly! We shared some appetizers- fish tacos and open faced shrimp and goat cheese quesadilla...excellent! Great atmosphere and the pineapple vanilla margarita was very good. Would love to go back and try an entree!
Great For A Date in the Summertime
By JudgeJudy on 11/17/2009
Very good food and drinks, reasonably priced. The rooftop view is incredible. Service was attentive. Parking is the problem!
Beware of Plastic Screens Spoiling Outstanding Views
By Sjtaylor on 9/29/2007
Relatively high-priced with claustrophobic roof deck seating. Akin to the table spacing of Harrys Burritos without the food value ($84 for 2, one drink and entree each, shared appetizer and dessert). Roof deck has great views, provided plastic screens are not down for wind, chill or small children, in which case, the place feels very cramped. Good to very good food, avoid plantains and popular night crowds.
A true sleeper, A gem!
By Chupas on 10/2/2003
The best view of Manhattan, perfect spot to watch to sun go down, great food, great service, great drinks!
upscale restaurant in a downscale neighborhood
By willtraveltoeat on 8/6/2003
Whata treat.After wandering around a grafitti ridden neighborhood this was an oasis. The obligatory chips and salsa were delicious and not too spicy. As appetizers we tried the flautas which were mouth wateringly spicy and the ceviche de pescado was devine.Also had tamales del dia which was really good. After seeing the chocolate show at Natural History it was necessary to try the chicken mole which was just wonderful.The fajitas were very ordinary. The service was good and the staff was very enthusiastic . i would recommend this place in a flash. Finding it was not so easy. The star on the map is off.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- 12 Session Beers That Are Perfect for Summer Guzzling
- Silicon Valley Start-Up Working to Create a World Where All Pizza Is Cooked by Robots
- Japanese Chain Debuts Predictably Bonkers Ghostbusters Burgers
- Brooklyn’s Take Root Will Host Its First Designer Pop-up This Weekend
- The Stonewall Inn Is Now a National Monument